Rising Storm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Forum    Help    Search    Calendar    Login    Register  *
News : December 16, 2017, 10:21:47 PM
+  Rising Storm
|-+  Forum
| |-+  General
| | |-+  General Discussion
| | | |-+  Challenge Modes
Advanced search
Guild Progress Ranking

Pages 1
Author
Topic: Challenge Modes  (Read 1911 times)
Barathos
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2014, 10:06:49 PM »

Ok so we need to get these done soon, as the current tier willl be disappearing. You will no longer be able to get the armor and, I believe, the mount.

That said, I want to get a group of people together, heck even the entire guild, and we can rotate them in and out as we go depending on what people need. I've looked up most of the dungeon strats so I'll be leading the dungeons unless somebody wants to pick it up.

What you'll need

1)Invisibility potions. Note, not lesser. These potions are necessary for a gold medal in challenge modes. If you do not have the recipe and you need potions, send me a tell and I will farm you the mats (1 ghost mushroom, 1 sungrass).

2) Flasks. Whatever is your primary that you'd use for raids (check out Icy Veins if you do not know) use it. They're amazing.

3) Potions of a various sort. Typically potions like Virmen's Bite (Agility) and others will work. Health potions aren't necessary, but they would be handy in a pinch. Be careful, as these share a CD with invisibility potions.

What's Suggested

(Note, these are not necessary, just handy suggestions)

1) Get a helmet without the legendary meta gem. The effect doesn't work in challenge mode. Trinkets work just fine, though.

2) Look up the videos for the dungeons. Pick a person, such as Method or anybody else (i do not have a suggested viewer, if you do please post it here.)

3) Equip armor with the most gems. Gems are the only thing that do not scale and can boost your abilities quite nicely.

4) There are several items in MoP that drop off of the rares that can be handy for challenge modes. Some of these include, Rod of Ambershaping (1 minute CC), Battle Horn (40 yard taunt).

If you're interested, post the character you want to bring (Bob, Holy Warlock), what medal you want to accomplish (Gold, Silver, Bronze), and what time you can play.

For the most part, I am available evenings except raid nights (Friday 8-11, Sunday 5-8) and class (Tuesday, 5-9).

Roster

Healer - Kozel (Discipline Priest), Hadrenn (Resto Druid)
Tank - Nitnoid
DPS - Barathos (Survival Hunter)
DPS - Nicharia (Assasin rogue)
DPS - Fingaz (Rogue... of a sorts)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:22:53 AM by Barathos » Logged

Nicharia
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 10:33:17 PM »

Assassination Rogue or Brewmaster Monk

Barathos
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »

Assassination Rogue or Brewmaster Monk

I'll try to keep you as a rogue, but in the event there's not a tank I'll have to pull Pandarban in. What days/times are good for you?

tashman
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »

Hadrenn - Resto Druid

Monday evenings - 6pm-9pm
Saturday/Sunday - generally should be ok anytime
Wednesday/Thursday will be iffy
Friday before raids 6-8

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:45:31 PM by tashman » Logged

Nicharia
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 03:35:11 AM »

Only nights I won't be available are MTW after 9:30p.

Fingaz
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »

I are interested. I should be available most nights of the week, the latest 9pm. Earlier on the weekends.

Rogue: No longer obedient, belonging, or accepted and hence not controllable or answerable.

Barathos
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 04:51:22 AM »

Ok, so far we need a tank or a dps to fill up the group slots. For those wanting to go, ask if others in the guild would want to come. I know Anasten spoke some interest, but I havn't been able to talk with him since I started having computer issues. If you have any friends that have been wanting to do challenge modes, invite them as well.

Fun thing to note about challenge modes. ALL Phoenix mounts will become available if you have one character with all the Silver challenge modes. (Source: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/451429177401434112). REJOICE!

I'll be back on Tuesday. By then I think most people will have the mats for what they need and I can farm out the necessities right quicky on my rogue if anybody still needs invisibility potions. We might do an early Saturday (early being like Noon EST) or possibly on another week day depending on the tank's schedule.

Until then. Hang tight. We WILL get this thing going.

NitNoid
Administrator

"Do not be too eager to deal death or judgement."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 12:26:33 PM »

I am more than willing to come tank any if I am around. Best days for me are Mon/Thurs (after 7:30) or Sat/Sun

Barathos
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 12:26:20 AM »

Ok seems like the best times are the weekends.

Saturday sound good to everyone? I'd have to bail at 5 PM EST, so we could start anywhere between Noon and 3 PM.

I'm planning at least 2 hours per session, maybe more if people want to continue. Would this Saturday be ok with everyone?

ALSO! Does anyone need any of the above mentioned mats? You NEED the 18 second invis potion for some of the runs. Flasks and potions I can also provide. Food... erm...

I'm a food stealer. I steal from the raid noodle carts. >_>

Barathos
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:18 AM »

UPDATE: So our first scholomance run went decently. No medal was gained, but that's to be expected for a first run. Most groups suffer with challenge modes until they at least get 1 gold in a dungeon, once they get that synergy down, it's (mostly) down hill from there.

Next run will be on Thursday at 7:30. Still trying to find a sweet spot for everyone's schedule. If we can run it multiple times a week, just to have different people get some experience, that would be optimal.

Barathos
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 04:51:20 PM »

This week might be a little iffy for me on Thursday. I'll post the event for the time set up last time, but I may or may not be there.

Barathos
Rising Storm Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 04:06:22 AM »

REALLY sorry about this Thursday, guys. Our internet went down (freakin' Comcast), so I was unable to log on for about 2-3 hours. We'll try again next Thursday, ya?

Print  Pages 1
« previous next »
Jump to: